Subcontractors and suppliers are assessed by our Purchasing Department prior to appointment to ensure that they are working to standards and values comparable to our own. These assessment processes are business led, there are currently no Group Standards set for supply chain issues.
We source from a variety of local, regional and national suppliers; we support British sources for fresh food when it is commercially viable to do so. In terms of food purchasing, we regard UK and Ireland as “local”. We recognise that it is important that local farming communities are supported and encourage their contribution to our supply chain. Whilst we strive to procure locally we accept that seasonality, availability, and cost of products will require us to import some products.
- Our sourcing strategy for fresh products is centred on a number of principals:
- Strategic partnerships to aid the sourcing of fresh produce and meats from local producers
- Utilising regional craft bakers
- Working with co-operatives where appropriate
- Working with suppliers who operate sustainable sourcing practices such as Red Tractor, LEAF, and fishing schemes such as MSC (Marine Stewardship Council)
We encourage sustainable development practices throughout our supply chain and have minimum entry requirements for all core suppliers, as part of our competitive tender process.
Elior Integrated Services would like to thank the following suppliers for their generous support for the Vended Solutions Showcase at RAF Hendon, 13th October 2010.